Ragley Bigwig 2017
Brought to you by The Bikerack
First launched in 2013, the original Big Wig defined what a modern steel 29er hardtail frame should be: Strong, light, adaptable, agile, forgiving over rough terrain, huge fun to ride and with a great ability to carry speed and steam roll over everything!
Building on the success of the original, we wanted the new Big Wig to keep the soul of the old frame by retaining as many of the original features as possible: It is made from custom drawn triple butted 4130 Chromoly Steel and features classic Ragley attributes such as a 44mm head tube, 3 Finger Bridge, Taperlite seat tube and chain stay mounted disc brake calliper. To bring the frame right up to date we added a whole host of new features such as a Boost 148 mm rear hub spacing, better tyre clearance, better stand-over and internal dropper seatpost compatibility.
Our updated trail geometry uses a long front centre, short 435mm chain stays, a slammed BB and a slack head angle of 65?Static (66.5? Sagged at 25%) for improved handling and manoeuvrability.
When coupled with a 130mm travel fork and a short stem, the result is a long, low, slack and planted feeling bike with excellent grip, impeccable trail handling and stability that inspires confidence at high speed and over steep/technical terrain.
27.5”+ Compatibility means the Big Wig is more versatile than ever! The Tyre clearance from our revised 3 finger bridge is so good that the frame is 27.5”+ compatible; where you can fit 27.5”+ wheels with wide 44mm rims and up to a massive 3” tyres allowing you to adapt your Bigwig to suit the conditions you want to ride.
The 2017 Ragley Bigwig 29” Hardtail is a Trail/All Mountain/Enduro Race friendly machine for those who demand a versatile, go anywhere and ride everything kind of bike that inspires confidence in every situation. At home on any terrain: from tearing up your local singletrack, to back country adventures in the middle of nowhere, smashing out runs in the Alps or racing Enduro; It is the weapon of choice for those who want to ride everything!
- Item condition: New
- Availability: Click & collect, Buy online
- Brand: Ragley
- Category: Mountain Bike Frames
- Gender: Unisex
- ID: 5455
- Material: Chromoly
- All Mountain/Trail/Enduro frame
- Custom triple butted 4130 Chromoly steel
- Fork range: Optimised for a 130mm fork with a tapered steerer and external lower headset cup but can also accommodate a 120/130/140mm forks.
- Updated Trail geometry optimised for 29” wheels
- 5+” Wheel compatibility – For rims of 44mm wide and tyres up to 3” (We recommend 170mm cranks when using 27.5+ wheels.) Taperlite Seat tube with internal dropper seatpost compatibility.
- Three Finger” chainstay bridge is exclusive to Ragley
- and allows massive tyre clearance and gives resilience to any attempted chainsuck/derailment. You can fit 29” wheels with 2.4in tyres without any chainring or tyre clearance issues.
- Bolt on Cable guides located on the underside of the top tube/down tube allow for neat and tidy adaptable routing to suit your set up.
- Chain stay mounted post disc brake mount (Max rotor size: 180mm)
- ISCG 05 Tabs
- 5 Year Warranty and lifetime crash replacement
- ISO 4210 Certified
- Frame comes with a Ragley 148x12mm bolt through Axle
- Ragley Chain stay protector and Ragley QR Seatclamp
• Head Angle: 65?Static (66.5? Sagged at 25%)
• Effective Seat Angle: 74?
• Seat Angle : 72?
• Chain stay length: 435mm
• Seat post: 31.6mm
• Rear Axle: Boost 148x12mm Ragley bolt through Axle as standard
• Seat Collar: 34.9mm
• Front Derailleur: 34.9mm Band Top Pull
• BB Shell: 73mm BSA
• Head tube: 44mm Standard - ZS44/28.6 | EC44/40
• Colour Options: Black/Grey or Green/Yellow
• Wheel/Tyre Size: 29” wheels with 2.4” tyres or 27.5”+ wheels with 3.0” Tyres (We recommend 170mm cranks when using 27.5+ wheels on the Bigwig.)
• Size Options: M - 17”, L - 19”, XL-20”
• Weight: 6.6lbs/3kgs (17” Frame)
At the Bikerack we have a great range of stock for the majority of your cycling requirements.
Some of our brands include Cannondale, Ridgeback, Kellys, Transition, Mekk, Lapierre, Ragley and many more.
We are fully staffed by cyclists and as a result have a wealth of knowledge and are passionate about what we do. We have a fully equipped workshop and offer a wide range of services from small repairs like tube replacement and brake/gear adjustment to full strip downs and rebuilds of bikes. We are also a certified Fox Suspension service centre and offer service on all brands of suspension.
We participate in the Bike To Work Scheme which allows employers to buy bikes and accessories tax free for the employees.
We stock a large range of bikes including commuter bikes, mountain bikes, road bikes, triathlon bikes and bike frames. Call into our shop to see the wide range of bikes we have in stock at any time.
Shipping & Delivery Policy
We aim to get your order dispatched where possible within a 24 hour period so you can expect 2 to 3 working days from time of order to delivery anywhere in Ireland. Upon shipping of your order we will provide you with tracking details via email. If there is any issues that will cause delay we will contact you and offer you an alternative or refund if you do not wish to wait. We ship using Fastway who offer a very reliable service Europe wide
Exchange, Returns, and Refunds Policy
As the purchaser you are entitled to a cooling-off period of 14 days, which begins on the day that you receive the goods. You must contact us before the 14 days expire. You will be responsible for the cost of returning the goods. An indication of this cost can be gleaned from the shipping fees originally charged to you.
If the purchase you wish to cancel is a service (e.g. a bike maintenance service, a bike holiday) you have 14 days from the date of the purchase to contact The Bikerack direct, unless the service was scheduled within 14 days of you making the purchase. If this is the case at least one hour’s notice must be given (via email or telephone) to, and acknowledged by, The Bikerack.